Career Resource Center – One Stop Employment Center
If you’re looking for a job or thinking of changing careers, we can help. Our Career Resource Center, established through the Piedmont Workforce Network in Charlottesville, offers self-service and staff assistance for:
- Initial assessment of skill levels, aptitudes, abilities, and supportive service needs.
- Employment statistics information, including information relating to local, regional, and national labor market areas, including:
- Job vacancy listings in such labor market areas;
- Information on job skills necessary to obtain the listed jobs; and
- Information relating to local occupations in demand and the earnings and skill requirements for such occupations.
- Information regarding filing claims for unemployment benefits.
- Current information on the availability of supportive services, including childcare and transportation available in the local area, and referral to such services, as appropriate
- Self-help job search and placement assistance.
- Information and assistance in applying for welfare-to-work activities.
- Access to core services and information about all programs of required partner agencies.
- Staff assisted job search, job referral and placement assistance, including career counseling.
- Determination of an individual’s qualification for assistance for WIA Intensive Services
- Information and assistance in applying for financial aid programs for education and training not funded under this Act.