To find the precinct where you vote, you may refer to your voter registration card provided that your address is current or call our office at (434) 263-4068. You may also look up your voter registration status or check your polling precinct online.
Rockfish Valley Fire Department | 11100 Rockfish Valley Highway
Lovingston Fire Department | 53 Baker Lane
Waltons Mountain Community Center | 6484 Rockfish River Road
Carriage House at Oak Ridge Estate | 2383 Oak Ridge Road
Gladstone Rescue Squad Building | 8834 Richmond Hwy.
Roseland Rescue Squad Building | 7745 Patrick Henry Hwy.
Montebello Fire Department | 119 Fork Mountain Lane
Nelson Co. Rescue Squad Building | 8301 Irish Road
Tuckahoe Community Center (Tuckahoe Primary School) | 443 Monocan Drive
Central Absentee Precinct
The Central Absentee Precinct is located at The Registrar’s Offfice at 63 Court Street until Election Day when it is moved to the Jury Room in the Court House.
Voting precincts are open from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m. on Election Day.
The Code of Virginia will require voters to present an acceptable form of Identification. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Virginia voter registration card
- Social Security Card
- Valid Virginia Driver’s license
- Any other identification card issued by a government agency of the Commonwealth, its political subdivisions, or the United States
- Valid student identification card from an institute of higher education located in Virginia
- Copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check or paycheck that shows the name and address of the voter
Voters who do not have identification but are otherwise eligible, will be offered a provisional ballot and have until noon on Friday, November 8, 2013 to furnish a copy of their ID to the Electoral Board by email, fax or in person at the Registrar’s Office.
* Please contact our office if you have questions regarding identification at (434) 263-4068.
Provisional ballots are not counted on Election Day. The eligibility of the voter is determined on the following day by the Electoral Board. Provisional Ballot determination will be made prior to the canvassing of vote. This gives the Electoral Board or the General Registrar time to research the voter’s eligibility or for the voter to provide additional proof of eligibilty to vote. If it is determined that the voter is eligible, then the vote will count and be added to the overall vote total. Provisional voters are given information as to the time and place of the meeting and are allowed to attend.