March 11, 2015
Appreciation Days at Wintergreen Resort.
March 12, 2015
Portuguese Wine Dinner at Basic Necessities.
Veritas Dance Party at Veritas Vineyard and Winery.
March 13, 2015
An introduction to industry-specific factors to be considered when launching any type of food business as well as best practices for successfully operating an existing food business: QSR or FSR dining; food truck; caterer; specialty food product manufacturing; bakery; farmer’s market booth; etc.
The always informative and popular VirginiaSBDC speaker, Marc Willson will cover a variety of topics related to the unique aspects of food businesses, including:
- What makes a good Food-preneur?
- Rules & regulations to be aware of and resources for the details you must follow
- Production descriptions: menu design, label design, required and optional nutritional information
- Location, location, location: what are the options and the implications of each
- Financial norms – COGS; wholesale & retail pricing; appropriate allocations of Operating Profits into labor costs, various operating expenses, and targeted profits
- Hiring and managing the stereotypical people drawn to employment in food businesses
- Methods for educating and attracting “new customers”
- Food business most effective promotional activities
Register Now – Space is limited!
Lester Seal and Friends live at Wild Wolf Brewing Company.
Big Daddy Karaoke at Rockfish One Fifty-One Pub.
Moon live at The Edge at Wintergreen Resort.
March 14, 2015
Tea at Blue Haven 151 Farm and B and B.
Maybe Tomorrow live at The Edge at Wintergreen Resort.
St. Patricks Day at Rockfish One Fifty-One Pub.
Freight Paid live at Wild Wolf Brewing Company.
The Greg Ward Project live at The Edge at Wintergreen Resort.
March 15, 2015
The Nelson County Community Orchestra, under the direction of Philip Clark, conductor, will be presenting a FREE Concert on Sunday, March 15 at 3:30 PM at the Rockfish Valley Community Center, 190 Rockfish School Lane in Afton, Virginia 22920. The performance will include works by Purcell, Joplin, Handel, Timothy and Copland and a Suite from Downton Abbey (PBS Masterpiece Classics). The orchestra will be also joined by members of the Rockfish Presbyterian Church Men’s Choir and young musicians from the Nelson County String Education Program.
New musicians are always welcome to join the orchestra – more information at: www.nelsoncco.or or email NCCOrchestra@gmail.com. Rehearsals are Mondays 7-9 pm at the Rockfish Valley Community Center.
St. Patty’s Day at Wild Wolf Brewing Company.
French Crepe Day at DelFosse Vineyards and Winery.1PM to 5PM.
Nelson County Historical Society Annual Membership Meeting at The Carriage House at Oak Ridge Estate.