- This event has passed.
Board of Supervisors Meeting
February 11, 2014 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Nelson County Board of Supervisors will meet on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. in the General District Courtroom. An evening session will be held at 7:00 p.m.
NELSON COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
February 11, 2014
THE REGULAR MEETING CONVENES AT 2:00 P.M. IN THE GENERAL DISTRICT COURTROOM AT THE COURTHOUSE IN LOVINGSTON
I. Call to Order
- Moment of Silence
- Pledge of Allegiance
II. Recognition of Nelson County High School Senior FFA and Drama Teams
- 2013 NCHS Senior FFA-Forestry Team and Meat Evaluation Team (R2014-09)
- Presentation of Rings
- Proclamation – P2014-01 National FFA Week February 15th – 22nd
- 2013 NCHS Drama Team-One Act Play Ensemble (R2014-10)
III. Proclamation – P2014-02 Jefferson Madison Regional Library -The Big Read
IV. Consent Agenda
- Resolution – R2014-11 COR Refunds
- Resolution – R2014-12 FY13-14 Budget Amendment
- Resolution – R2014-13 Minutes for Approval
V. Public Comments and Presentations
- Public Comments
- Presentation – Nelson County Community Fund (A. Hodson)
- VDOT Report
- 2015-2020 Secondary Six Year Plan (SSYP)
VI. New Business/ Unfinished Business
- Proposed Property Acquisition – 7995 Thomas Nelson Hwy, Tax Map # 67-A-9A
VII. Reports, Appointments, Directives, and Correspondence
1. County Administrator’s Report
2. Board Reports
VIII. Adjourn and Reconvene for Evening Session
7:00 P.M. – NELSON COUNTY COURTHOUSE
I. Call to Order
II. Public Comments
III. Public Hearings and Presentations
A. Presentation – Region Ten Annual Report (P. Hughes)
B. Public Hearing -Special Use Permit #2013-006 / JARSS, Inc.
Consideration of a Special Use Permit application for the proposed conversion of an office space to a residential space, pursuant to Section 8-1-10a of the Zoning Ordinance. The subject property is identified as Tax Map Parcel #76A-2-2, located at 4148 Thomas Nelson Highway (U.S. Route 29) in Colleen. This is a 0.083-acre property zoned Business (B-1), and is owned by JARSS, Inc.
|C. Public Hearing – Proposed Ordinance O2014-01 to enact Chapter 4, Article II, Division IV, Nelson County Unsafe Buildings and Structures. D. Public Hearing – Proposed Ordinance O2014-02 to amend the Code of Nelson County, Virginia, Appendix A, Zoning Ordinance to include application fee changes for Special Use Permits, Rezoning, Variances, and Appeals.|
IV. Other Business (As May Be Presented)
V. Adjourn and Continue until 6:00 pm, February 13, 2014 at the Nelson County Middle School Library for a Joint Meeting with the Nelson County School Board.