Virginia Tax Amnesty ends in 2 weeks
Nov. 14 – last chance to pay back taxes with no penalties and 1/2 the interest
If you owe back taxes, the clock is ticking to clear up your debt through the state’s tax amnesty program which ends at midnight on Tuesday, Nov. 14.
- Most individuals, corporations, estates, trusts, and partnerships can take care of Virginia tax debt by paying just the taxes they owe and 1/2 the interest (no penalties). In September we sent almost 400,000 mailers to taxpayers who owed back taxes.
- If you didn’t get a mailer from us and owe back taxes, you may still be eligible for tax amnesty. Please contact us at 1.877.PAY.VTAX (1.877.729.8829), and we’ll help you get started.
- If you can’t pay all the taxes you owe, you can still get the benefits of tax amnesty by paying on a bill-by-bill basis.
How to file and pay
Note: As the Nov. 14 deadline approaches, we encourage you to file and pay online so you don’t miss out on this money-saving opportunity.
Need more information?
Call us at 1.877.PAY.VTAX (1.877.729.8829):
- 8:30 am to 8 pm, Oct. 31 through Nov. 13
- 8:30 am to midnight on Nov. 14, the final day of amnesty
Although Nov. 10 is a state holiday, amnesty phone lines will be open.
See complete tax amnesty details.